Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ceiling Leak

On Sunday we had a small wet spot on our ceiling. Matt went up and saw that there is a lot of condensation where there is no drip pan. So he put a pan under there, and all was well. Today I looked up at the ceiling and I see this 2 ft wet spot, water actually dripping and the ceiling bowing. So I called Matt and said that he needed to come home because the leak had taken a turn for the worse. He came home and checked it out. The pan had flipped over spilling everything out and creating the mess. So he put a bigger more stable pan there to let everything dry out. Not sure what Matt has in mind to fix it, but we shall see.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. I hate leaks that involve repairing drywall. We had a mess last year when a hose taking water to the fridge sprung a leak. I found a huge bubble full of water in the wall below it. The plumber had to cut out chunks of drywall in the basement to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, First from the bottom, now from above. You sure are a house full of leaks! I'm glad you don't work for the CIA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, silly girl! I saw Matty inside the ceiling when I came over last night, hope he finds out how to fix it :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete