Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Weeklong Birthday Celebration!!


I have had a great birthday week! It started on Columbus day. My dad took a slew of us out to a birthday dinner at Auntchilada's. It was great! We had tacos, enchaladas, cheese crisps, chips and salsa. My dad, and his girlfriend Rita, Berta and her kids. Erick and his girlfriend Jessica, Elliot. My kids also were there and of course Matt too!. We sat on the patio and had a great time. My dad not only paid for dinner, but he gave me a card with a few bucks too!! Rita and company gave me a sweater, scarf and a bag. It was a lot of fun and everyone had more than enough to eat! Thanks Dad!!
On Friday, Matt and I went out for my birthday dinner like we usually do. We went to Red Lobster and I had all you can eat shrimp and was wonderful. Their prices have really gone up over the years, we are not planning on heading back there anytime soon. I got a Chi straightener from Matt, it is awesome. It is a special edition breast cancer one. It's pink with light silver ribbons on it. It is amazing how much of a difference a great straightening iron makes. Saturday I went to a humanitarian service project day at our church. It was fun, I helped do some coloring and put together some holiday things. Garrett did some quilt tying with a handicapped guy in a wheelchair. Kyler did some holiday projects too, and he also did some sewing teddy bears. I hung out with my great friend. I also tried to donate blood. My iron was too low and they didn't want to take it from me. So as we go to our cars and my friend gave me a birthday present. She gave me a New Moon shirt, the New Moon sound track and a key chain. It was great!!! My boys are getting sick of the music. I attempted to go shopping with a girlfriend, but the in-laws showed up and off to dinner we went!!

On Saturday night, I went to dinner with Matt's parents. We went to Olive Garden. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. They took the whole Family and gave me a card with some bucks in it too. It was a fun time!! So I used all of my extra bucks to help pay for my straightening iron. So I owe my awesome hair to also my dad and my in laws!! So thanks so much!!
On my actual birthday, the 19th. I was gonna eat something from home, but I decided at work that I really wanted Panda Express. So we had that. After dinner my good friend came by and gave me a book, and everyone disappeared. So i figured that the boys were off doing their own thing. I sat down ans was gonna read my book, and all of a sudden people wanted to know where I was. Nobody ever cares where I am. Then I hear "shut your eyes". So I do, and I smell something burning. Not a good smell in a house full of boys. When I am allowed to open my eyes, I see a Cheesecake with 37 candles in it. The boys sing a quick Happy Birthday before the candles completely burn the cake down. And yes, I am full of HOT air! I was able to get them all out in one breath!! Kyler made a card that evening and gave it to me before he went to bed that night. He used my scrapbook stuff and worked so hard in his room all evening.
Another gift I got was a super sweet video from my darling daughter that was away at BYU. She told me how wonderful she thinks I am, and that she misses making dinner with me. Ahhhh, the simple things in life....



2 comments:

  1. Yeah for Birthdays!! Im so jealous of your straightner too! :P lol Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great birthday!!! I love you to death! You are the best!!! :D

    ReplyDelete